Well, this time you have to put up with me (Elder McBride). Sister McBride just left to go to a fireside (we call them socials). I have had a bad cold today (yesterday too really) and am trying to recover enough to fulfill my assignments tomorrow. We spent a few hours today (cold and all) at the Family Living Center. Since it is Sunday, the shifts are short and I was able to cope. The pics below show Sister McBride lighting up everyones life in the candle making area, while other shots show me weaving magic on the loom. Yes all you "libbers: out there, the men made the rugs in those days..and don't you forget it. It takes 2 to 3 days to thread these looms with over 18 miles of thread. WOW! Then there is a shot of me at the "schnitzel bank" showing the barrel making process.
Earlier pictures show E and S McBride in their "show" getup. I don"t have my Editor costume on, but at least you can see what we look like 2 or 3 nights a week. (Sis McB plays the part of the Relief Society Pres. when I play the Editor. We both did the second show that night. We will get you pics soon.
Friday we went to Quincy to look around, and on the way stopped at Warsaw. Creepy Place. Old Thomas Sharp's ghost must still be hanging around his old Warsaw Signal office.......the one I am in front of.
Well.....all you you EBR's (enthusiastic blog readers) have a wonderful week, and we will keep you posted>
Luv Ya!!
Hope you feel better gramps! I love you! Have a wonderful time in Nauvoo!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are sick again. Thats no good. We are praying for you.
ReplyDelete