Well, we have not been very good bloggers this summer have we? We left off saying we were gearing up for a busy summer, and that it was. We were kept very busy at Carthage, had lot's of tour bus's come through, as well as all the individual families here for the Pageant and the Young Performing Missionaries. Those we worked with are now dear friends, i.e. the Morgans, the Poulsens, and the Murdochs. We also worked with 6 Young Sister Missionaries who were so fun to be with. Miracles happened every day, it seemed. Something would happen to one of us to miss our turn, and so when we had a chance to take a tour, it seemed like the visitors were "tailor made" for us. Sister McBride and I still thank our Heavenly Father for that experience we had in Carthage. Yes, "had", because we have moved back to Nauvoo in mid August. More on that later.
The Martyrdom room is a very special place. Catholics, Baptists, Evangelicals, Methodists, etc all said they felt something in that room. They just need to believe that it is the spirit. Many would say they felt warm and at peace. We would tell them what it really is, and they would go away thinking. Maybe seeds were firmly planted. One experience I had was with two non member men who came (separately) on a tour with a member family. The second man is a truck driver from Iowa and his wife is a member. He didn't look at first that he was too happy to be there. His wife had asked him to stop there. The first man who joined said he wasn't too spiritual, but interested in history. He seemed the most interested though of the two. At the end of the tour, I gave a copy of the Book of Mormon to the first along with a guest card. He received it warmly and went on his way. The big guy driving truck, came up to me when the rest had walked away. and asked, "Can I have what you just gave that man?" It was said humbly and sheepishly, and kind of surprised me. I got him a Book and a Card. He said they had "Books of Mormon" at his house, but he wanted his own. I teased him and said he needed to keep this one hidden so his wife wouldn't get her hopes up. He smiled and said he would read it in his truck. Sigh! I love this mission!!!
meme.
No comments:
Post a Comment